Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Birth of the Mzungu Blog

Been at my sister's place here in Dallas for two days now. Have not spend much time going sight seeing at all. Being the first time in a while, where I have a reliable internet access for free, I thought I'll creat a Blog like the one that Thomas had made himself for his cross country trip(thomasturnbull.blogspot.com).

I am ging to spend a week or so here to get a few things fixed up. The most important one being: backing up all the pictures that I have taken on this trip on to a CD or something. Having lost the data cable to my storage device does not help things. Ordered an replacement one online yesterday, and it looks like it wouldn't get here for a while.

After that, I still need to get a few printed out to send out to all those nice folks that had let me take their pictures.

Went out to do some shopping at REI yesterday, got a new water prof glove(my fingers been poking through the old one for a few days now, and with the weather only going to get colder and wetter from now on...). Good news was that, the Hostel in Huston had managed to found my fleece vest, so I don't have to go buy another one for $70.

Went around shopping for things that needed to get fixed or replaced. The Panniers I bought from Performance had been falling apart for a few days. It's been hanging on with a few make-shift ropes and belts. The hooks that hangs the bags to the rack come out of the plastic backing plate that it was mounted on. Need to make a custom washer to put it back on or is another $100 or so. Bought some stuff from HomeDepo to make it, hope it works.

Need to look into getting the tent resealed as well..... Arrhhh.... Everything is falling apart...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home